FAQ

What’s the difference between a Juice and a Smoothie?

A healthy, nutrient-rich diet should incorporate both.

A juice is a drink made using a juice extractor which provides all the nutrients, removing most of the fiber. In a pint of juice, you'll receive three times more vegetables than you would for a smoothie, flooding your body with life-giving vitamins and minerals and detoxifying your blood.

A smoothie is made by mixing whole ingredients into a pulp in a blender which makes it an excellent meal replacement as it retains all the fiber and protein which keeps you fuller longer.

 

Where did the name Greenmouth come from?

We introduced green juice to our 8 month old daughter and every morning she would have a “green mouth” – hence our inspiration.  To this day, she is a lover of all foods and now especially, her green juice, smoothies and smoothie popsicles.

 

Why don’t you say that you use 100% Organic produce?

Well, we actually do although it may not always be USDA Certified. We moved to Pennsylvania to surround ourselves with local farmers to support them when we can.  Many farmers are farming without the use of pesticides and herbicides on organic soil but simply cannot afford to pay for the USDA Certified Organic label.  Rest assured, we won’t put chemicals in our bodies and we certainly won’t put it in the juice we make for you.

 

What is the 80/20 Rule of Eating?

A healthy body needs to be a ratio of 4 parts alkaline to 1 part acidic or 80/20. Juicing vegetables and eating whole foods helps maintain that ideal ratio. We believe life is all about balance.  You can't eat cleanly all the time. 80% of the time we are eating a clean organic diet at home and the other 20% of the time we are eating out and enjoying beer+wine and perhaps a burger+nachos at the local pub.

 

What if I can’t afford to juice every day, is it still beneficial?

Absolutely!  Getting into a rhythm of juicing is typically a progression for most people.  If you can’t afford a juice everyday, no problem.  In addition to drinking plenty of water throughout the day, we recommend having a glass of warm lemon water every morning on an empty stomach to alkalize the body when you can’t juice.  For optimum benefits, also add a tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar (raw honey can be added for easier consumption).  Another way to encourage optimum digestion is to incorporate organic, fair-trade green tea into your daily routine (for added digestion support, add a pinch of cayenne pepper, cinnamon and lemon).

 

Why should I juice on an empty stomach?

To maximize the juicing benefits, an empty stomach is imperative to ensure that all of the nutrients rush into the bloodstream without any other food barriers. These nutrients are then transported to every cell of your body allowing the beneficial properties to be absorbed and utilized. Juicing on an empty stomach also ensures that you do not have stomach upset due to the wrong food combination.

 

Why do we suggest adding ginger into every juice?

Well, we love Ginger so much we named our boxer after it.  Seriously, ginger is a special root that has so many health benefits, but the main reason we add it to most of our juice recipes is because it is the best digestive aid enabling the body to absorb nutrients more effectively.

 

How can I lose weight and improve my health by juicing?

Juicing doesn’t have to be an all or nothing diet. In fact, it’s better when one uses both juice and healthy meals. Drinking fresh juice and eating healthy meals is an optimal diet. Juicing makes it easy for one to add vitamins, micronutrients and phytochemicals that may be lacking in some of today’s processed food.  Juicing helps keep your gut in check and in balance which makes it easier to make better food choices.

 

I’m interested in a multi-day juice cleanse, can Greenmouth help?

Yes! Visit our Juice Cleanse page to learn more.


18558557_627857914078021_2017137964483055081_o.jpg